In preparation for the World Championship Qualifying Tournament, the French men’s squad took on Belgium in a friendly. The French were able to take down Belgium in four sets.
- French def. Belgium 3-1, (25-15, 25-19, 22-25, 25-19)
Earvin Ngapeth contributed 13 points in the first two sets alone, with Kevin Le Roux adding another six. After these first two initial sets, the French squad made a number of changes, giving some younger players a chance to get some playing time. This gave the Belgium side a chance to take a set off the team, but the Frenchmen were able to regroup to take the fourth set and the win.
Strong blocks, eight in the fourth set along and 14 overall, helped to propel the French team to victory.
Also adding decent numbers to the French tally were Sam Deroo and Gert Van Walle with 10 and 12 points, respectively.
France men’s team international schedule:
- May 24-28: World Championship Qualification Tournament
- June 2-July 8: FIVB World League
- August 25-September 3: European Championship
- September 12-17: FIVB World Grand Champions Cup